Monday, January 11, 2016

2016 it's all about the trees... xxx

For anyone who knows me, or follows me over on Instagram (if not click here) I have a thing about trees.
I have since I was little. I would be out walking daily in the woods, collecting firewood, playing with sticks, building dens, collecting leaves. My mum was recently going through some old stuff and found pictures I had been drawing over 30 years ago, and yep, trees are there!



My online business over on Etsy and my various social media accounts, this blog, are inspired by my love of trees. My online name, mistletoeoak. The oak part coming from a solitary oak in a field in my village.  I recall sitting in my Nan's belfast sink being washed, looking out across the field in all seasons and seeing it there.  35 years later, it is still there, and I walk there most days. Find me on Instagram above and you will see my almost daily picture of the tree all year round!



So why am I telling you this?

Well, it dawned on me whilst working on my business plan, durhhh, lets get this straight and out there in the open finally! At no point have I really come out of the closet and said, look this is what really inspires me, this is what I daily love to do, this IS what I do and guess what, I have journals full of artworks and ideas that are just waiting to escape the pages! Mistletoeoak is all about the trees.  If I go a day without walking outside near trees, I go cranky.

Did I mention, Mistleoeoak means trees?

Through my path as a Druid and hedgewytch I also work with the  power of the moon cycles and the tree energies, resulting in creations and ideas that I now finally feel ready to share.

So, instead of playing it safe; generic terms of artist, a few handmade items hid amidst other items in my shop, 2016 I will be transforming  my safe cosy comfort zone into creating and sharing what I really have a passion for.  Trees. I am an artist inspired by trees.

I will be blogging, doodling, creating meditations, tree bundles, unique needle felted tree fairies/goddesses,  downloads, activities and possibly an e-course...

I will also be sharing my work with the TCV as a tree surveyor and getting back to sharing things I make and do with my children.

SO 2016, it's all about the trees.



Lisa
xxx